Re: Can't list directories with kernel 4.4.14 and ecryptfs

On 07/01/2016 03:15 PM, Henry Jensen wrote:
> Hello Tyler
>
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 23:36:23 -0500
> Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> Thanks. The backported version of the patch needs to be adjusted. I'll
>>> try to get a patch out the stable list tomorrow.
>>
>> I've sent a fix to the stable list (and cc'ed the ecryptfs list). I
>> tested on 4.4.y and 3.18.y on ext{2,3,4}, btrfs, and xfs. It should fix
>> the regression that you hit.
>

> Sorry, the patch did not work for me. I am still getting error "Wrong
> medium type" wwhen accessing directories.

Hi Henry - Can you please double check that you're running the patched
kernel? I only ask that because I have a pretty high degree of
confidence that the patch fixes the issue due to the amount of testing
that I performed. I'm in the middle of rebuilding the linux-stable 4.4.y
kernel with that patch applied on top to retest. If you could double
check your environment in the meantime, I'd appreciate it.

If it turns out that you're still hitting the bug, I'll need reproducer
instructions as my tests don't seem to be sufficient. Thank you!

Tyler