Re: [WHY SUCH DELAY!] Touch Bar support for T2 Macs

On Sep 26 2024, Aditya Garg wrote:
> It has been more than a month since I've sent this patch set and I haven't got a clear yes or not for the same. I understand maintainers are busy people, but I'd really appreciate if I get some response for this series of patches from the HID and DRM maintainers.

Please look at the time. You sent this a month ago, while v6.11-rc4 was
out the next day.

I was personally taking time off and came back at the end of August
(roughly at rc6).
This is then a problematic time to merge new drivers because they won't
have enough time to be in linux-next before they are sent to Linus.

Also some subsystem are more strict in term of what can go in and when,
and IIRC drm had been strict regarding that because it is heavily making
use of sub-subsystems, and they need time to put back everything
together for sending it to Linus.

Then, when -rc7 is out, I bet no maintainers will take new drivers for
the next 3 weeks:
- the final version will be out the next week, meaning not enough time
  to test in linux-next
- while the merge window is opened, we are not allowed to take any N+1
  material, or this will break everybody testing system.

Merge window is closing this Sunday, but I realized that there was a
regression in HID-BPF which breaks the CI, so at the earliest your new
drivers will be taken at the end of next week.

So yeah, I understand it can be frustrating somehow, but please avoid
all caps in your subject prefix, this really put other people on their
nerves for nothing.

I have a few objections to your series, I'm going to answer individually
in the patches.

Cheers,
Benjamin