Re: drm-misc migration to Gitlab server

On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 01:33:24PM +0200, Jani Nikula wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024, Maxime Ripard <mripard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ## Adding the a remaining users
> >
> > I was able to identify most of the users with an account on the old git
> > server. However, there's a few I couldn't match with certainty to a
> > gitlab account:
> >
> > * andr2000
> > * jsarha
> >
> > Please let me know your Gitlab user so I can add them to the group.
>
> Is there no way for project owners/maintainers to see the email
> addresses for members or access requests?
>
> We've been pretty lax with giving reporter role to deal with issues, but
> it's quite a different thing to give developer role with push access,
> and feels like you'll need a side channel to match usernames with email
> addresses.

For the recent-ish subscriptions, it's possible since we've required to
open a Gitlab issue for a while, so we have the association between the
Gitlab account and the SSH account already.

During the Gitlab setup, the groups were also created already with the
people that had an SSH account at the time, and Gitlab account.

But for the rest, yeah, I had to ping Daniel S. about it. He could find
a few matches, but there's some where we just don't know if or what the
Gitlab account is.

Generally speaking, we've been conservative about it, and only added
accounts we were sure of.

Maxime