Re: TI SN65DSI86 bridge chip DT binding maintainer

On 2/2/2024 12:03 PM, Doug Anderson wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 2, 2024 at 10:29 AM Jeffrey Hugo <quic_jhugo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Doug,

The DT binding for the TI SN65DSI86 [1] lists Sandeep Panda
<spanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> as the maintainer within the file.  This is no
longer valid because the @codeaurora domain bounces, and Sandeep appears
to have left the company.  As such the binding appears to be orphaned,
although the file itself is misleading because it needs to be updated.

I'd like to find a new maintainer and from what I've seen on list, you
seem to be interested and active in this particular bridge chip.  I also
see that you are listed as a reviewer of the C code and binding within
MAINTAINERS.

Would you be willing to volunteer to maintain the binding going forward?

[1]: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/bridge/ti,sn65dsi86.yaml

Yeah, this is fine. Officially "maintainership" is through the
drm-misc tree, but I can have my name listed in the file. I'm already
listed in the MAINTAINERS file as the reviewer for this file.

If you want to send a patch I can apply it, or I can post a patch and
then apply once someone from Qualcomm gives it a Reviewed-by.

Awesome.  I'll send a patch out.  Thanks!

-Jeff