Re: [drm_hwc] PSA: drm_hwc submissions via gitlab

Hi,

On 3 May 2018 at 20:12, Sean Paul <seanpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 08:30:18PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
>> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 5:04 PM, Sean Paul <seanpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > If you're still reading, I'll point out a couple other things:
>> > - There is a bug tracker on the gitlab instance, feel free to add
>> >   bugs/features/etc to it.
>> > - I've added a TODO list to the wiki, but in typing this, realized it's probably
>> >   better to file bugs for each item. So please ignore the TODO wiki entry.
>>
>> Any plans to wire up autobuilder or maybe even functional CI to the
>> gitlab instance? That's where stuff gets really cool (and I think a
>> lot of people will see the value of abandoning dri-devel much more,
>> beyond the better S/N ratio).
>
> Not as far as I know. A fun afternoon project might be to hook up clang-format
> verification as a merge request hook. Aside from that, I think proper (or even
> improper/simple) CI would require more effort than we have resources.

That should be pretty easy as a .gitlab-ci.yml. I'm working on getting
support for qemu into the existing runner that we have, so it would be
entirely possible to run a drm-hwc on a 'real' kernel, if you have
something you can test under qemu.

For on-hardware testing (e.g. run it on freedreno + vc4 + ...), that's
a whole other topic that we don't currently cover.

Cheers,
Daniel