Re: [drm_hwc] PSA: drm_hwc submissions via gitlab

Heya,

On 2018-05-04 12:51, Daniel Stone wrote:
Hi,

On 3 May 2018 at 20:12, Sean Paul <seanpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 08:30:18PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 5:04 PM, Sean Paul <seanpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you're still reading, I'll point out a couple other things:
- There is a bug tracker on the gitlab instance, feel free to add
   bugs/features/etc to it.
- I've added a TODO list to the wiki, but in typing this, realized it's probably
   better to file bugs for each item. So please ignore the TODO wiki entry.

Any plans to wire up autobuilder or maybe even functional CI to the
gitlab instance? That's where stuff gets really cool (and I think a
lot of people will see the value of abandoning dri-devel much more,
beyond the better S/N ratio).

Not as far as I know. A fun afternoon project might be to hook up clang-format
verification as a merge request hook. Aside from that, I think proper (or even
improper/simple) CI would require more effort than we have resources.

That should be pretty easy as a .gitlab-ci.yml. I'm working on getting
support for qemu into the existing runner that we have, so it would be
entirely possible to run a drm-hwc on a 'real' kernel, if you have
something you can test under qemu.

I'm currently working on getting something like this up and running for
normal feature development on my local machine.

That being said AOSP is a fast moving target. So we would have to pin the
AOSP version and maybe bump it every year or so. I guess that goes for
the kernel,mesa & libdrm as well.

Rob.

For on-hardware testing (e.g. run it on freedreno + vc4 + ...), that's
a whole other topic that we don't currently cover.

Cheers,
Daniel