Re: Restored luks2 header to wrong drive!

Well, thank you for your reply Michael.

Now I guess there is nothing left to do but grieve.

It is too late for me, but maybe someday, computer backups and encryption will be "less art and more science".

Just a note: maybe LUKS could someday add a feature that would check before restoring a luks2 header, and alert the user that they are trying to restore to a different disk than the header was backed up from, or to a disk that does not appear to contain LUKS encrypted data.

: (