Re: cryptsetup Yubikey challenge-response support

On Thu, 2020-04-09 at 20:01 -0700, Dan Farrell wrote:

> The idea is to popen out to programs/scripts which then do the vendor
> specific implementation, but over stdin/stdout use a common protocol.

The next release (2.4.0) is reported to have some plugin features to
make this easier.  I don't know if there is an ETA yet but they seem to
be working toward it as a major milestone.

Arno is working on updating the docs for new features of luks2.  Ondrej
has mentioned the plugins in previous replies on this list.  Since the
plugin feature is not done yet I don't know if docs for it are even on
the radar. There was a challenge of documenting things that are not yet
stable.

JT