Re: cryptsetup Yubikey challenge-response support

I have been in discussions on this list recently working toward tighter integration of LUKS with smart cards.  You can view my progress here:

https://sites.google.com/site/jtmoree/knowledge-base/cryptsetup-luks-and-smart-cards

I don't pretend to speak for the project but i have concluded
* dmcrypt would rather not implement vendor specific solutions ( I agree)
* the project has been working toward smart card features
* 2.4.0-RC0 will be a milestone in this regard

Feel free to provide feedback if I have anything incorrect on my writeup.

JT

p.s.  I think yahoo mail messes up the quotes of previous replies.  Leaving the below for context