Re: Command failed with code -1 (wrong or missing parameters)

On 19/10/2019 16.41, Michael Kjörling wrote:

> Note the _where usually udev runs on top_ and _very limited
> environments_ and _may_. That's quite a few caveats already in those
> two sentences.
>
> Of course, nothing says you absolutely _have_ to use udev, or build a
> kernel with everything and the kitchen sink, but you're kind of going
> against the stream by having a highly unusual system configuration
> (especially if it's also a minimal configuration), and should expect
> to have to put in more effort in such a situation than if you were
> running a more common configuration.

thanks for your input Michael,

Turns out, the problem was unrelated to udev.

Actually, I think udev daemon causes more problems than solves. Besides,
it is fantastically complicated, and often you don't know what it is
doing. I have had my shares of "adventures" with udev, where it changed
ordering of my disks between reboots, etc.

I chose minimalistic solution with CONFIG_DEVTMPFS and everything works
perfectly. I have the feeling I have control over my system.

thanks,