Re: Command failed with code -1 (wrong or missing parameters)

On 19/10/2019 12.10, Milan Broz wrote:

> Could you please try current cryptsetup git version? Or as least released cryptsetup 2.2.1?

it will take me some time to try the current git version

> I think we will need much more info and reproducer. Is it some distro kernel, or you
> are compiling it yourself? (There are some kernel features not compiled-in apparently.)

it is custom kernel

> Any more kernel patches applied (looks like grsecurity?)

yes, with grsecurity patches

>> # Checking if cipher aes-xts-plain64 is usable.
>> # Userspace crypto wrapper cannot use aes-xts-plain64 (-95).

sorry, what exactly is missing ?

> This is the first problem - why you do not have kernel userspace crypto API enabled?

What is the name of the CONFIG_ option of the kernel userspace crypto API ?

>> # Udev is not running. Not using udev synchronisation code.
>> # Device-mapper backend running with UDEV support disabled.
>
> Why are not using udev? (Again, it should work but it is quite problematic situation.)

I am using the "kernel udev"
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT

> But I do not see the exact fail, apparently the error path is missing some debug info,
> so I need to reproduce it first.
>
> Can you try to use LUKS1 (just add --type luks1 to luksFormat) - does it work?

it works when I use --type luks1

thanks again for taking time to troubleshoot this