Re: Debian installer formatting LUKS2 devices by default?

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 15:31:38 +0100, Milan Broz wrote:
> In short, this is the plan and major changes (I'll write more details later)
>
> - 2.1 should be released 5.2.2019
>
> (Definitely not later, some slight change that it happens earlier.
> I am traveling days before it, and we need some time for translators.
> But git will be almost ready for 2.1 next week.)
>
> - no soname bump, just compatible version increase (only added symbols)
> […]
> If you rely on some stable release earlier, let me know, please.

Excellent!  So if we upload to sid later that day that gives us a full 5
weeks transition period for Buster.  Given the significant list of major
changes we'd prefer not to upload at the very last minute, but 5 weeks
is plenty: as far as Debian is concerned there is no need to rush the
upstream release.

Thanks for the update!
--
Guilhem.