Debian installer formatting LUKS2 devices by default?

Hi there,

Debian Buster will freeze at the beginning of next year and we have
people asking for the installer to format devices with `--type luks2`.

(FWIW, I think these requests to default to `--type luks2` are mostly
motivated by a better PBKDF, so nothing impossible to obtain by
conversion from an existing LUKS1 device.)

Personally I'd rather *not* have such custom defaults in the installer.
Do you have any plan to have `luksFormat` default to LUKS2 at some
point?  If so, any idea, when that would happen? ;-)  Given the warning
in the latest Release Notes [0] I assume LUKS2 is not mature enough for
our installer yet.  Not sure what other distros are doing, but for
Debian we're waiting for that scary warning to disappear (or
alternatively, an explicit blessing from upstream) before promoting
LUKS2 (and latter authenticated encryption — once a better AEAD
algorithm is available) in our installer and documentation :-)

Cheers,
--
Guilhem.

[0] https://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/cryptsetup/v2.0/v2.0.3-ReleaseNotes