Re: Debian installer formatting LUKS2 devices by default?

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 at 06:00:30 +0000, Michael Kjörling wrote:
> Obviously, there's nothing stopping whoever is installing the system
> from dropping to a shell and setting up a container themselves, _even
> if_ the installer _only_ does one version of on-disk format for LUKS.
> So even if the installer _only_ does LUKS1, and the tools are built
> with LUKS1 as default, it's not like that will _prevent_ people from
> using the LUKS2 format if they really want to.

Sure, but now we can tell people wanting the installer to default to
LUKS2 that it'll be the new upstream default in the future, and also
give a rough ETA.  It's more efficient at appeasing them than replying
they need to drop to a shell and manually format & unlock the volume :-)

--
Guilhem.