Re: LUKS2 and persistent keyrings to enable convenient EOL data destruction

We have a situaion a bit like that: We need a person wth a specific
physical key (sealed envelope) to be able to (re-)boot a server with
encrypted storage. For that we have an USB key with hardcoded passphrase
in the initrd. The key USB key is only plugged in at boot and then
removed and locked into a safe.

Rapit detruction is not a feature but could be easily added
by wiping the LUKS header of the disk. A possible improvement
would be to delay network start until the USB key has been removed.

For the initrd, refer to the example in the crytsetup FAQ.

Regards,
Arno

Arno Wagner,     Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform.,    Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx
----