Re: concurrency

Hi Arno,

Thanks very much for taking time to respond Arno.
You're right. I'm sharing a virtual disk and trying to decrypt and mount
that in multiple locations.
The other thing I tried was mounting a disk image on a virtualbox shared
folder.

I don't want to need a dedicated server to deliver a decrypted
filesystem because I don't want the decrypted data to be exposed to the
network. I understand I could use secure communications, but this is all
way too much overhead compared to what I'm trying to achieve.

>From your response I gather that the answer is no, It doesn't support
sharing of the raw block device with concurrent mounting.
Is this just due to implementation or are there functional reason why
this is so?

I've been trying encfs and ecryptfs too, but they suffer from security
and functional deficiencies.
Is there some other solution that does support this setup?

Thanks,
Hugh