concurrency

Should I be able to use Luks concurrently on a shared filesystem from
different computers?
Attempts so far have failed with writes not being seen from the other
computer until both computers remount the filesystem or reboot.
Specifically, virtualbox shareable disks and shared folders, but
potentially, any nfs/cloud storage.

Am I missing something or is there another tool for this case?