Re: Boot Prompt Text

On 02/18/2014 05:21 PM, Arno Wagner wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 12:33:49 CET, Richard Z wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 06:57:25PM +0100, Arno Wagner wrote:

>> seems there are other ways to do it because on my Fedora 19 with
>> out of the box encrypted hard disk I do not see any prompt - just
>> an entry box without any text where I can type the password.
>
> Interesting. Can you find out what the difference is?
> The OP might want to know.

BTW Fedora used plymouth (graphical and text boot frontend)
for password prompt, then it pushed password to cryptsetup directly.

Recent versions use systemd, password prompt depends
on configuration (I think it can be still still plymouth) but unlocking
of disk is done by systemd itself (resp. system-cryptsetup
generator parsing /etc/crypttab translating it to separate systemd units).

Unlocking uses libcryptsetup only.
IIRC in Fedora boot process there is no cryptsetup binary used at all.

I would suggest to ask on systemd or Fedora devel list if you want
to change prompt then.

Milan