Re: nuke password to delete luks header

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Arno Wagner <arno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The mob has IT security experts and will not allow this person to
trick them.

Fair enough

> Without diving into further examples concerning the safety of the people
> someone holds most dear, I believe this is the perfect example.

For my option 1. "erase container while still free to act" it is
a valid example. For option 2. "try to trick adversaries while
already in their power", it is just as bad as all the others.

 "try to trick" is the keyword here, and we can circle back to something you said (more or less) before: is there any case in which trying to trick someone is going to give you any benefits?

I suppose for every specific case there is a possible counter-response (see my mob example and your answer). Still, real life is not so black and white, so maybe it could be possible to trick someone.. But here it all depends by the person trying to trick (and his or her skills in lying) so...

Claudio