Re: Avoiding fsck.ext4 destruction of crypto_luks data

On 30.12.2012 11:59, Emily Williams wrote:

> So I've taken to setting my encrypted partitions to "NetBSD Encrypted"
> (a905), so when I look at the partition tables I'm reminded that there
> actually isn't a Linux filesystem on the device itself, but rather
> something that is encrypted that becomes a Linux filesystem via
> /dev/mapper/X after cryptosetup luksOpen happens.

I create a dummy partition with type 'da' (Non-FS-Data) on my HDDs.
Altough 0 (Empty) sounds nice too. ;-)

I say dummy partition because i don't actually use the partition for
anything. It's only there to stop my encryption init-script, so that i
don't accidentally kill an already initialized HDD (or one of the
system-HDDs) in case i fat-fingered the device-name.

--

Matthias