shared block devices

By what I've been able to find online and what is in the man page for
cryptsetup:

"--non-exclusive
    This option is ignored. Non-exclusive access to the same block
device can cause data corruption thus this mode is no longer supported
by cryptsetup."

I have been able to gather that a shared block device type setup is not
supported. I.E. luks + clvm + gfs2, luks + asm, or luks + ocfs2 shared
across multiple servers. So what I am wondering is if this is on the
road map or if there is another open source technology out there that
can accomplish this?

Thanks.
-Michael