Re: [ANNOUNCE] cryptsetup 1.3.0-rc1 (test release candidate)

On 03/22/2011 09:44 PM, Rudolf Deilmann wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:09:56 +0100
> Milan Broz <mbroz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I wonder how I missed that. Ok, the we just allow --skip and if
>> it is not explicitly defined, it will behave as now.
>
> Yes.
> However the current behaviour is that skip is implicitly set to
> the same value as offset.
> The default behaviour for plain-cryptsetup is that skip is set to
> zero, if only offset is specified.
> But I don't think this inconistency matters.

Exactly. That's why I implemented it is as different command.

(But from the libcryptsetup point of view it is just another format,
no new functions, just format specific options.)

> There are also
> inconsistencies in the interface between cryptsetup/plain and
> cryptsetup/luks (e.g. order of name and device )

In fact, I hate these inconsistencies but I cannot switch order
or parameters now. And providing new commadline interface
causes even more problems...

>> So @offset => --skip 0 --offset $offset/512, right?
>
> Yes.

Code is already in svn, there is one change in library object
(format specific option missed skip option) but we can do that still,
so final 1.3.0 version will have that included.

> Btw, I can't report any problems with other ciphers. Twofish and
> serpent seem to work well, too.

Great.

Thanks again for testing,
Milan