Re: [ANNOUNCE] cryptsetup 1.3.0-rc1 (test release candidate)

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:09:56 +0100
Milan Broz <mbroz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wonder how I missed that. Ok, the we just allow --skip and if
> it is not explicitly defined, it will behave as now.

Yes.
However the current behaviour is that skip is implicitly set to
the same value as offset.
The default behaviour for plain-cryptsetup is that skip is set to
zero, if only offset is specified.
But I don't think this inconistency matters. There are also
inconsistencies in the interface between cryptsetup/plain and
cryptsetup/luks (e.g. order of name and device )

> So @offset => --skip 0 --offset $offset/512, right?

Yes.

Btw, I can't report any problems with other ciphers. Twofish and
serpent seem to work well, too.

cu,
 rudolf