Re: system freezes when using swap that is encrypted

Hi all!

I've been a member of this list for a long long time, and
what-do-you-know, I finally see something that I can respond to :)

I have the following problem for a long time now: whenever my
system uses all memory (and would start to use swap) it freezes.
I can't even remote login anymore - although there remains a
desktop image on the monitor. Only possible option is to reboot.

I use the following configuration for my swap:

/etc/fstab:

/dev/mapper/cswap none          swap    sw,pri=1        0       0

/etc/crypttab:

cswap       /dev/md1        /dev/random swap

/dev/md1 is a 16 GB partition on my RAID 5 with three disks.

Could this be related?

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@xxxxxxxxxx>