Re: LUKS password forgoten, any way how to change it?

Marek Stopka wrote:
> Hmm I have succeeded (probably) in getting master key from memory
> (yeah! :) ) but it seems that there is no way how to tell cryptsetup
> to use supplied key as a master key, damn. :-/

cryptsetup 1.1.0 has a (new) --master-key-file argument.  Not sure if it
will accept the format of the file holding your master key, or if it
will support your current setup (though for LUKS I think the latter is
likely, and for the former, I bet you can find out from the source).

But I think you can test it, too: you should be able to decrypt the
underlying device (read-only) into a second /dev/mapper/ device file, as
a test.  Then do a "/lib/udev/vol_id --export", or an "/sbin/blkid -o
udev -p", on the new /dev/mapper/ device, to ensure that it's recognized
as having the proper filesystem magic bytes, to be sure the decryption
worked correctly.