LUKS user verification on OpenSUSE 11.2

Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen,

this is a request regarding a user verification improvement on bootup for LUKS on OpenSUSE 11.2.

1. Though LUKS works great within OpenSUSE, we consider the sudden break in the booting screen as an annoyance.
A small popup asking for the pass right after selecting the boot within GRUB would do a much better job rather than jumping back to the bash.
3. Also I am wondering, why LUKS does not support the use of a fingerprint reader. If one is attached, it should be possible to provide the fingerprint right after the password-prompt-popup (which is not included yet)
2. Furthermore it would be great if an option to cryptsetup would be added to use a keyfile as an option on the command line, at the moment you can either have password OR keyfile. A simple "if keyfile not found, default to password" would be nice.

Would it be possible for you to release an update on this to be integrated in a future release?
A discussion on the mentioned improvements has already been opened HERE. Please feel free to contribute you opinions.

Thank you for developing LUKS to make our world a little more secure. ;) We would love to hear from you soon.

-Mr. Maffay and the OpenSUSE members