Re: LUKS user verification on OpenSUSE 11.2

Peter Maffay wrote:
> 1. Though LUKS works great within OpenSUSE, we consider the sudden break in
> the booting screen as an annoyance.
> A small popup asking for the pass right after selecting the boot within GRUB
> would do a much better job rather than jumping back to the bash.

The currently used method to display a startup screen only supports
on and off. In order to display prompts a different slash screen
technology would be needed first => features.opensuse.org

> 2. Furthermore it would be great if an option to cryptsetup would be added
> to use a keyfile as an option on the command line, at the moment you can
> either have password OR keyfile. A simple "if keyfile not found, default to
> password" would be nice.

That's something for boot.crypto to handle. crypttab since 11.2
supports keyscripts so you can implement any method you like in a
custom keyscript.

cu
Ludwig

--