Re: Option --non-exclusive and scubed support for luks device

Scubed can't work with current luks specification, i have a problem with the master key..
When I have fully understood the problem I'll let you know.

Gabriele

2009/11/16 Milan Broz <mbroz@xxxxxxxxxx>
On 11/16/2009 02:27 PM, MatriX wrote:
> i don't found info about obsolete option "--non-exclusive".
> In the help of cryptsetup is written "Allows non-exclusive access for
> luksOpen, WARNING see manpage." but in manpage i don't found anything.
> Can scubed work with luks device?
> I think this "obsolete" option is needed for that...

I'll add something to man page, but --non-exclusive option is ignored
in new code and will be no longer supported, because it can lead to data corruption.

I am not sure why scubed need that - can you point me to recent source code?

The only use for it now is allow to open copy of LUKS volume with the same UUID,
(hw snapshot or so) in cryptsetup 1.0.7. In 1.1.0-rc it is fixed differently.
(see issue 34 on project pages for more details)

Milan
--
mbroz@xxxxxxxxxx