Re: reinstallation

Hi Hannes,
in the documents I keep. I found that I had encrypted /dev/sda2. The procedure I recorded was:
umount /dev/sda2
cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/sda2
cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda2 tresor
mkfs.ext3 /dev/mapper/tresor
mount /dev/mapper/tresor /tresor

What will happen if I repeat the steps ?
Should I just leave the mkfs.ext3 out ?
Would I be able to access my old data again ?
What does lufsFormat really do ? Format the partition ?
As I staded the data is pretty valuable to me.

thanks for your help.
Best regards
Rainer

-------- Original-Nachricht --------