Re: reinstallation

Hi Rainer,

> How can I reinstall LUKS on my new Debian (Lenny)?

I guess the debian (and thus cryptsetup) installations on your old
machine weren't that up to date, right?

With the new debian lenny, you don't need to install anything: LUKS is
already included in the default cryptsetup package you should already
have installed (http://packages.debian.org/lenny/cryptsetup ).

>From http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/:
"The former version of cryptsetup only had low-level operations for
dm-crypt ready, and around version cryptsetup-luks 1.0.5 was renamed to
be the official version of cryptsetup. "

You still might have to change your old scripts, if you have some, to
just call cryptsetup instead of cryptsetup-luks .

HTH, best regards

	-hannes