RE: How does one integrate FreeOTFE with dm-crypt/LUKS

I wrote a couple of HOWTO's that may be of use:

    http://www.holgerdanske.com/node/455

    http://www.holgerdanske.com/node/456

> I am not a Linux-based OS user, but I may try adding  SuSE or Ubuntu
> for a multi-boot/OS to my current system

Multi-boot is a pain.  Virtualization is better.  A separate machine is
best -- a ~$50 used PC will get you started with GNU/Linux.

> (additional unrelated question, which is of these Linux variants is
> probably best for a person such as I?)

I'm into servers and systems programming, and prefer a GNU command-line
environment and plain text configuration files.  Debian GNU/Linux is a
good fit.

HTH,

David