Re: Re: Request for Comments: Pledge fund for multicore support

It sounds like it may be more effective, and much less code, to write a well
scripted front end that manages and automates the creation and opening of
multiple LUKS devices at once.

IE create 12 LUKS devices with one the same passphrase with one command, and
then open all 12 with one command.  Although I personally don't really use
the pasphrase management features - I guess a similar command to add and
revoke passphrases would also be needed.

I am not a cryptology expert, so I do not know what impact having all 12 of
these with the same/different masterkey would have on security.  It seems
like all of them having the same key couldn't be any worse than the > 1TB
problem it is already faced with.  Would 12 different masterkeys with the
same passphrase present any security problems?

-Clay