Re: problems to mount softraid5

Arno Wagner <wagner@...> writes:

> > thanks for brainstorming with me.
>
> No problem.
>
> Arno

Hi Arno, Hi Developers,

after some more tries with Ubuntu 6.06 an the new debian 4.02 distro i came to
the following conclusion:

1) my keyfile is correct (verified against backup)
2) my system reports a correctly working crypted luks volume (luksDump)
3) stepping through the binary raid dump of the first sectors also showed me,
there should be a crypted masterkey

Maybe you or a developer can help me, trying to locate the masterkey. I could
send you a dump of my first MBs of the raid and the decryption key.

I am sure, the problem is one of the following:

A)
the crypted volumes of such a system (softraid5 with lvm & LUKS) may get corrupt
on powerloss - even if its not mounted.

B)
there is an incompatibility between the 1 year old versions of aes, sha256,
dmcrypt (and maybe more?) and the actual ones spreaded by the repositories
(debian etch stable) nowadays.

Anyone who is able to analyse this, please post here. I want to know, if the
masterkey is still there or already corrupted (so i can finally kill my beloved,
encrypted data and may start with endless harddiskspace).

Greetings DP