Re: Fighting Keyloggers

We did timed password entry in my crypto-course at the university.
When my partner had finished training, I actually managed to get it
right on the first try, just from having heard his training inputs.
My arguments here are that a) a timed sequence may contain a lot less
bits that suspected and b) acoustic monitoring can defeat it easily.

As to keyloggers, AFAIK, there are those with milisecond-resolution
timestamps.

I think the only solutiopn is some interaction on the screen
and you some sort of challenge-response were the keylogger
does not get the challenge. Can be defeated as well, but not
by, e.g., a hadrware keylogger in the keyboard or keyboard
cable. And generates a lot more data to be stored.

Arno

Arno Wagner, Dipl. Inform., CISSP --- CSG, ETH Zurich, wagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
----