Re: system freezes when writing to encrypted partition

Thomas Otto wrote:
It's sata drives and from what I can gather from hdparm DMA is enabled. I'm not able to test if this occurs without dmcrypt since all drives on this controller (SATA_SIL) uses dmcrypt and my system disc is SCSI. This problem has only been present in recent kernels, >=2.6.18.

Yes, as Jon pointed out, this seems to be the same unfixed problem as
before, but this time reniceing (for ext3) the corresponding kjournalds
doesn't help that much.

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.device-mapper.dm-crypt/1940>

Ok, I saw in that thread that someone had made some kind of fix for it in 2.6.19. But I'm using 2.6.19 and it's still present, haven't tried 2.6.20 yet since I'm using the grsecurity patch and it's not released for 2.6.20 yet.

/Andreas