Re: Check kernel for support for the aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 cipher spec....

Okay, playing some hunches I fixed this with "modprobe dm-mod".  I.e. the
device-mapper module was not loaded in the kernel.

No one should have to go through what I just did.  :)

Can I recommend that the following error message be changed:

Check kernel for support for the aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 cipher spec and verify
that /dev/loop0 contains at least 258 sectors.

To something like:

Check kernel for the device mapper (modprobe dm-mod) and that the kernel has
support for the aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 cipher spec and verify that /dev/loop0
contains at least 258 sectors.

Or something similar...