Re: Creating dm-crypt images through a pipe

Some success at last !

> its own aes implementation, does not use cryptoapi, and I suspect it does
> use a different blocksize for data granularity (16 bytes in single-key
> mode, according to aespipe's man page, dm-crypt may use 512 ?)

Quoting the cryptsetup man page :

  : --align-payload=value
  :     Align payload at a boundary of value 512-byte sectors. This option is
  :     relevant for luksFormat. If your block device lives on a RAID it is
  :     useful to align the filesystem at full stripe boundaries so it can
  :     take advantage of the RAID's geometry. See for instance the sunit and
  :     swidth options in the mkfs.xfs manual page. By default the payload is
  :     aligned at an 8 sector (4096 byte) boundary.

With my minimal patch enabling the use of raw keys in aespipe, and setting
the align-payload option to 1, the image is read correctly.

Now I'll see if I can get some more out of aespipe (IV hashing especially).

JC