Re: cryptsetup luksAddKey == Can't open device:

Hi,

> # cryptsetup luksAddKey [anything here like /media/sda1] keyfile
>
> I always get:
>
> Can't open device: /media/sda1 (or whatever)
>
> Same error regardless of device; /dev/hda1, /home, etc.

I guess, /media/??? is a mountpoint and /dev/hd?? is a block
device - is that valid for you, too?

Maybe you should describe a _specific_ example _completely_ - otherwise it is
hard to guess the cause of your problem, as - at least for me - cryptsetup
just works, if I follow some valid instructions.

Maybe add the output of dmesg or even of strace to your report.

regards,
Lars

PS: hehe - you posted the same message three days ago. And now you did not
provide any further information. IMO, usually people do not just ignore
messages, but they rather do not know, what to answer ...
(also see http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id274557)