Re: start crypto disks at boot and password popup problems

rupert wrote:
> Hi, thank you for the replies, i changed the path info in both files, but i
> alos got some errors,
> first the Stick havent got mounted correctly with my entry in the cryptdisks
> ini file, and I also get the about the hda1/home key to be unsecure, the
> strange thing is when I run "/etc/cryptdisk restart" the first time it dont
> work, but when I run it a second time, without doing anything else,
> everything gets initialized perfectly.
> The trick from Henrik looks nice, i will try this out, wil the stick be
> mounted before cryptdisks is run?

You could probably make an "mount-on-insert"  script just following the
man page of udev

http://www.2robots.com/static/man/index.php/udev (the relevant part is
at the bottom)

So for instance make an /etc/dev.d/block/mountstick.dev: (warning! untested script)

#!/bin/bash
#remove the path to the udev mount (usually /dev)
WHAT=/usb/stick
if [ "$ACTION" == "add" && "$DEVPATH" == "$WHAT" ]; then
 mount "/dev${WHAT}"
elif [ "$ACTION" == "remove" && "$DEVPATH" == "$WHAT" ]; then
  umount -f $WHAT
fi

Don't forget to make a proper /etc/fstab for /dev/usb/stick (proper permissions etc.)

Use mail or syslog to communicate problems with udev scripts to admin.

Regards,
Henrik Holst