Re: is 'dynamic-power-coefficient' expected to be based on 'real' power measurements?

On 15/09/2020 23:13, Matthias Kaehlcke wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 10:55:52PM +0200, Daniel Lezcano wrote:

>>> Agreed on thermal zones that exclusively use CPUs as cooling devices, but
>>> what when you have mixed zones, with CPUs with their pseudo-unit and e.g. a
>>> GPU that specifies its power in mW?
>>
>> Well, if a SoC vendor decides to mix the units, then there is nothing we
>> can do.
>>
>> When specifying the power numbers available for the SoC, they could be
>> all scaled against the highest power number.
>
> The GPU was just one example, a device could have heat dissipating components
> that are not from the SoC vendor (e.g. WiFi, modem, backlight), and depending
> on the design it might not make sense to have separate thermal zones.

Is it possible to elaborate, I'm not sure to get the point ?

--
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |