Re: [v5 2/6] dmaengine: fsl-qdma: Add qDMA controller driver for Layerscape SoCs

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:00 PM, Vinod <vkoul@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05-06-18, 12:24, Li Yang wrote:

>> > I do not think that is specified anywhere.. can you point it?
>>
>> No.  It is not documented.  But the majority of the source files in
>> Linux are using this header format like below, so I assume it is
>> something like a convention.
>>
>> /*
>>  * {filename --} file description
>>  *
>>  * Copyright ...
>>  *
>>  * License ...
>>  */
>>
>> The Documentation/process/license-rules.rst only mentioned about the
>> requirement for SPDX tags.  So I think we should keep the format for
>> other part of the header.
>
> And Linus said this https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/11/25/133

Thanks for the information.  It is new to me.  So probably we can keep
the original template but just change * based comment to // based
comment, like:

// SPDX-License-Identifier: ...
//
// {filename --} file description