Re: [v5 2/6] dmaengine: fsl-qdma: Add qDMA controller driver for Layerscape SoCs

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 11:30 AM, Vinod <vkoul@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > I know the SPDX tag is recommended to be the 1st line, but copyright normally
>> > goes below the file description not above.
>
> I do not think that is specified anywhere.. can you point it?

No.  It is not documented.  But the majority of the source files in
Linux are using this header format like below, so I assume it is
something like a convention.

/*
 * {filename --} file description
 *
 * Copyright ...
 *
 * License ...
 */

The Documentation/process/license-rules.rst only mentioned about the
requirement for SPDX tags.  So I think we should keep the format for
other part of the header.

Regards,
Leo