Re: [Query] thermal: Who is using "cooling-{min|max}-level}" properties ?

On 12/02/2018 09:52, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> On 12-02-18, 09:39, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>>>
>>> s/cpufreq driver/cpufreq cooling driver/ ??
>>
>> yes.

>>> How will someone tell if they don't need the cooling infrastructure ?
>>> Specially for multiplatform thing.
>>
>> They don't define a cooling device in the DT ?
>
> Sorry but I am getting a bit confused on what you are suggesting.
> Maybe you need to rephrase it once more for me, from the very
> beginning :)

Not sure it is worth to go further in the discussion. I realize the
*-cells is widely used everywhere. I was wondering if cooling-cells
still have a meaning if we remove the min|max-levels as it is always
two. But so far it is used as a cooling property for the device in any
case and removing it *is* inconsistent with the rest of the code.

Just to clarify my comment above, I understood you were asking how to
not use the cpu as a cooling device. As the binding between the cooling
device and the thermal zone happens when the DT nodes are the same, when
registering the cpufreq driver as a cooling device and when the
cooling-device registers itself at the cooling-map parsing time, if we
remove the cooling-device in the cooling-map, the binding never happens
thus the cpu is never used as a cooling device.  However, these are all
required fields, so the only way to do that is to remove the entire
thermal zone node, not sure it is what we want :)

--
 <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |