Re: Fedora on Raspberry Pi

+ linux device tree mail list

If you reply to this email, please remove devicetree-spec from the To: list.

On 11/3/19 6:59 AM, Erastus Toe wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I’m in the process of setting up Fedora on RPi. More especially, I’m
> trying to get Sense Hat to work. But on the Fedora wiki, it is said
> that there’s a problem with device tree overlay. I’m very new to
> device tree and I’m still doing my research. It is also said that
> this group is working on this problem.
>
> Is it possible for any to shin some light on this for me please? I’m
> a little lost here.
> Thank you,
> C. Erastus Toe

The devicetree-spec mail list is for discussion of the specification.
I added the linux kernel devicetree mail list to the distribution list.
That is the list you should use for Linux related devicetree questions.

The short answer to your RPi question is that you should use uboot
to apply any devicetree overlay that you want to use.  The Linux
kernel implementation of loading overlays after the kernel has
booted is an incomplete work in progress.

-Frank