Re: dts-v1 in DTSI files

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 09:40:43PM +0100, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the documentation on the /dts-v1/; identifier I did not find any
> explicit reference whether this is meant only for .dts files or also
> for to-be-included .dtsi files.

From dtc's point of view, that's not really a meaningful question.  As
in C, dtc includes are a pure textual inclusion, most of dtc,
including post of the parser isn't even aware of there being separate
files involved.

Originally, only a single /dts-v1/ per input was permitted, regardless
of however many includes there are.  Now - partly as a convenience for
handling includes, multiple /dts-v1/ tags are allowed, but they all
have to be before anything else, which means a dtsi which is expected
to be included other than at the top of a .dts can't include the tags
or it will trigger a parse error.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson