Re: [PSA] push/admin access to ceph/ceph.io

what about pushing your commits to someone else's PR (assuming they checked: "Maintainers are allowed to edit this pull request.")?
will that be allowed for someone not on the maintainers list?

On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 8:01 PM Patrick Donnelly <pdonnell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 11:48 AM Patrick Donnelly <pdonnell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At the CLT today we discussed the proliferation of write/admin access
> on the ceph repository. One of the consequences of this has been that
> Ceph's code guidelines have not been followed in merges [1].
> Additionally, having too many folks -- many of whom have retired from
> active development -- with write access to the repository presents
> security concerns.

This experiment is suspended because it's been more disruptive than
intended and it breaks the code review workflow in GitHub. GitHub only
considers reviews from users with "write" access valid for satisfying
the "Require approvals" check for the "main" branch. Since a component
lead cannot review their own PR, a fellow team member's review is
insufficient for merging.

--
Patrick Donnelly, Ph.D.
He / Him / His