Re: Debian packages for Reef - any chance of reviews / builds?

On 9/29/23 11:01, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
When I started looking into ceph I've removed lots of stuff from the
debian folder that the ubuntu people added for unknown reasons, its
much closer to upstream these days then it was before. Actually close
enough that it is no problem to switch to the upstream packages at all.

Very much a side note:  At once point the Ubuntu (and I think Debian) packages weren't being built with tcmalloc support.  I talked to Chris Macnaughton about it back at Cephalocon and he verified it was the case for the Ubuntu packages, but he's moved on and is no longer at Canonical.  It would be nice to verify if this is still (or for Debian ever was) the case and get it resolved.

Mark

--
Best Regards,
Mark Nelson

Clyso GmbH
p: +49 89 21552391 12 | a: Minnesota, USA
w: https://clyso.com | e: mark.nelson@xxxxxxxxx

We are hiring: https://www.clyso.com/jobs/