Re: Debian packages for Reef - any chance of reviews / builds?

Belated reply — we actually discussed this at last week’s CLT, but neglected to respond directly.

Thanks for the patches, Matthew! One of the challenges with building Debian regularly is that nobody involved in Ceph’s technical leadership is also involved enough with Debian to track these issues, so our support is always on a best-effort basis, and we’ve leaned on others to do packaging reviews and keep us aligned. I was glad to see Kefu reviewed and merged your patches over the weekend, as it meant I didn’t need to do so blindly. :) We’ll discuss building releases at the next meeting.

Also, I’d like to connect you and Thomas, who has been working on Debian builds in irc again and maintains Ceph packages in Debian proper.
-Greg