Debian packages for Reef - any chance of reviews / builds?

Hi,

When Reef was released, the announcement said that Debian packages would be built once the blocking bug in Bookworm was fixed. As I noted on the tracker item https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/61845 a couple of weeks ago, that is now the case after the most recent Bookworm point release.

I also opened a PR to make the minimal change that would build Reef packages on Bookworm[0]. I subsequently opened another PR to fix some low-hanging fruit in terms of packaging errors - missing #! in maintscripts, syntax errors in debian/control, erroneous dependencies on Essential packages[1]. Neither PR has had any feedback/review as far as I can see.

Those packages (and the previous state of the debian/ tree) had some significant problems - no copyright file, and some of them contain python scripts without declaring a python dependency, so I've today submitted a slightly larger PR that brings the dh compatibility level up to what I think the latest lowest-common-denominator level is, as well as fixing these errors[2].

I believe these changes all ought to go into the reef branch, but obviously you might prefer to just make the bare-minimum-to-build change in the first PR.

Is there any chance of having some reef packages for Bookworm, please?

Relatedly, is there interest in further packaging fixes for future branches? lintian still has quite a lot to say about the .debs for Ceph, and while you might reasonably not want to care about crossing every t of Debian policy, I think there are still changes that would be worth doing...

I should declare a bit of an interest here - I'd like to evaluate cephadm for work use, which would require us to be able to build our own packages per local policy[3], which in turn would mean I'd want to get Debian-based images going again. But that requires Reef .debs being available to install onto said images :)

Thanks,

Matthew

[0] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/53342
[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/53397