Re: [ceph-users] Re: quincy v17.2.6 QE Validation status

How much more time do we need to get PR 50549 in if we delayed v17.2.6?

- Ken

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 2:44 PM Laura Flores <lflores@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We are all good on the Core end of things. https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/50549 is needed for downstream, but it should not block upstream.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 12:59 PM Laura Flores <lflores@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 12:36 PM Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We are still working on core PRs:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/50549
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/50625 - merged
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/50575

Will update as soon as we are ready for the next steps.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 10:34 AM Casey Bodley <cbodley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 9:27 AM Casey Bodley <cbodley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 4:06 PM Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Details of this release are summarized here:
> > >
> > > https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/59070#note-1
> > > Release Notes - TBD
> > >
> > > The reruns were in the queue for 4 days because of some slowness issues.
> > > The core team (Neha, Radek, Laura, and others) are trying to narrow
> > > down the root cause.
> > >
> > > Seeking approvals/reviews for:
> > >
> > > rados - Neha, Radek, Travis, Ernesto, Adam King (we still have to test
> > > and merge at least one PR https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/50575 for
> > > the core)
> > > rgw - Casey
> >
> > there were some java_s3test failures related to
> > https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/58554. i've added the fix to
> > https://github.com/ceph/java_s3tests/commits/ceph-quincy, so a rerun
> > should resolve those failures
> > there were also some 'Failed to fetch package version' failures in the
> > rerun that warranted another rerun anyway
> >
> > there's also an urgent priority bug fix in
> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/50625 that i'd really like to add to
> > this release; sorry for the late notice
>
> this fix merged, so rgw is now approved. thanks Yuri
>

> > > fs - Venky (the fs suite has an unusually high amount of failed jobs,
> > > any reason to suspect it in the observed slowness?)
> > > orch - Adam King
> > > rbd - Ilya
> > > krbd - Ilya
> > > upgrade/octopus-x - Laura is looking into failures
> > > upgrade/pacific-x - Laura is looking into failures
> > > upgrade/quincy-p2p - Laura is looking into failures
> > > client-upgrade-octopus-quincy-quincy - missing packages, Adam Kraitman
> > > is looking into it
> > > powercycle - Brad
> > > ceph-volume - needs a rerun on merged
> > > https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible/pull/7409
> > >
> > > Please reply to this email with approval and/or trackers of known
> > > issues/PRs to address them.
> > >
> > > Also, share any findings or hypnosis about the slowness in the
> > > execution of the suite.
> > >
> > > Josh, Neha - gibba and LRC upgrades pending major suites approvals.
> > > RC release - pending major suites approvals.
> > >
> > > Thx
> > > YuriW

Laura Flores

She/Her/Hers